The Freeman Y Pole is now extendable, making it easier to ship, transport and store. The Y Pole is used to restrain wild or feral canids against a solid surface (eg. ground or wall) for capture, chemical immobilization, or simple treatments (such as injuries).
Only 2 left in stock
Dr. Mark Johnson of Global Wildlife Resources introduced the Y pole to the animal welfare community in 2008. It is an essential tool for difficult to manage dogs within a facility and also for wildlife professionals working with fractious canids. The Y pole is only effective for restraining animals which are already cornered or captured, but not yet safe enough to handle. The Y pole is a humane tool to gently control an animal. It is made with rust-resistant thicker aluminum for extra durability.
It allows practitioners to perform simple hands-on procedures such as:
- Additional physical restraint
- Injecting vaccinations, antibiotics, or anesthesia
- Partial physical examinations and minor treatment of wounds
- Extra Padding: To help protect canine teeth.
- Lightweight & Balanced: Easily maneuver in place and hold in position longer
- Easily Adjustable Length: Thumb button locks securely in place to quickly secure the best position.
STANDARD Y-HEAD, EXTENDABLE HANDLE
This original and carefully designed Standard Y-Head is an industry standard worldwide. This design has a proven track record of many years assisting animal specialists in the field and in facilities. Provides a focused contact area for the neck and, in some cases, limbs. Achieve secure holds when needed.
- Handy to move in tighter spaces & retracts for easier transport.
- Measure tip to tail: approx. 31” (79 cm) & Extends to: approx. 50” (127 cm)
- Approx. weight: 2.6 lbs ( 1.2 kg )
|Dimensions||141 × 10 × 40 cm|